The Building & Codes Department is responsible for the protection of persons and property within the Township through the general administration and enforcement of building and related structural and land use codes. This involves reviewing and issuing construction permits, regulation of rental properties, property maintenance enforcement and the inspection of work for compliance with the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code and the Code of Haverford Township.

Contact Us

For general questions or concerns, contact us at codes@havtwp.org

*Fillable PDF Form Information:

For more information on how to download, fill out, save and email fillable forms to the Township, please see the following link: Fillable Form Instructions

BOC Icon

Construction permits are required for most types of work and contractors must be licensed with Haverford Township.

Construction Permits Links:

- Back to Top -

BOC Icon

Contractors performing work is Haverford Township must be licensed with the Township.

Contractor Applications Links:

- Back to Top -
BOC Icon
Haverford Township's Online Permit and License Center

This provides our residents with the ability to submit permit and license applications on-line from the comfort of their homes.

Login In Button
Resiger Button Image

At this time, this system provides the ability to submit Residential Applications Only. As we continue to expand our offering through this system, we will be adding the ability to submit all permit and license types. So please check back often for new offerings.

To submit an application, you must create an account. This allows you to see the status of your application and provides the ability for the township to communicate with you within a secure environment.

Permit and license applications currently being accepted online include:

  • Plumbing
  • Roofing & Siding
  • Fences
  • Sheds
  • Rental Housing Licenses
  • Contractor Licenses
- Back to Top -
BOC Icon Haverford Township Permit Requirements
  • Signed contract between property owner and contractor
  • Current Haverford Township contractors license for plumbing and electrical contractors, Pa hic licences & certificate of insurance with workers comp for all contractors on job site. Certificate holder must be haverford township
  • Insurance certification including workers compensation or self-employed affidavit
  • Estimated cost of work – (separate for each permit application)
  • all permit fee(s) must be submitted at once with a check written for the correct amount
  • For residential additions
    • A plot plan drawn to an accurate scale, with property markers shown; improvements to property are to be shown
    • Building coverage ( % of the lot occupied by all buildings ) and impervious surface ratio ( % of lot occupied by buildings, driveways, patio/walk-ways ) must be given. As well as a calculation sheet for impervious surface and building coverage
    • An additional $50 check is required for all grading applications; as well as an $1000 escrow check for engineer review, these checks are to be separate from permit cost(s)
Insurance certificates can be faxed to (484)-454-4186 or emailed to lisa@havtwp.org

- Back to Top -
BOC Icon

Rental properties require annual licenses and an inspection prior to occupancy.

A fee of $60.00 per dwelling unit is required with the license application . All fees are due on or before March 1 each year or a penalty of $50.00 will be added, making the total due $110.00.

The Housing License is for a 12-month period from March 1 to February 28.All occupants of the rental property must be listed on an occupancy registration form and submitted with the license application. A copy of the executed lease agreement must also be submitted.

Before a tenant moves in or at the initial use of a residence as a rental, the property must be inspected.

Each time the occupancy of the rental unit is changed, an inspection of the property is required to determine that the premises meet the health and safety requirements of the Township. A fee of $50.00 per unit is charged for each inspection and re-inspection. Failure to appear for a scheduled inspection is a $50.00 fee.

Information for Rental Housing Licenses

1. No more than three (3) unrelated people may reside in a rental house.
2. Owner occupied units may not have more than one (1) roomer or boarder.
3. Student housing is permitted only when authorized by the Township Zoning Hearing Board as a “special exception.”

Apply for a rental housing license online using our Online Permit & License Center or by filling out following application:

Rental Application Form

The operation of a rental property is considered a business-activity for the purpose of the Township’s Business Privilege Tax. An annual business license should be applied for and an annual business tax return should be filed with the Township’s business tax administrator. All requests for forms and questions regarding the tax should be directed to:

Tri-State Financial Group

PO Box 38

Bridgeport, PA 19405



Audit & Compliance Program

The Township reserves the right to audit and inspect all books and records of a taxpayer to support the information reported on taxpayer filed returns.

- Back to Top -